Thursday, May 26, 2011

Savannah, GA

Jane and I took a road trip down to Savannah, GA for a few days with Aaron and Amy (who we met there). Both Jane and Amy went to SCAD so they wanted to revisit their old stomping grounds. The trip took approximately 14 hours, in the Mini, and after the 7th hour my butt was sore as hell. But we trudged on like troopers, and then we found this beast. He stole my clubbin' shirt so I swiftly put him in his place with a well placed fist pump and we were back on our way.


This is the view from the condo we rented. Awesome location, but there was no hot water. At all. That was not awesome. But since they couldn't fix it we got a sweet discount. That's Amy and Jane crossing the street. At night, once the bars kicked everyone out at 2am the streets would get so loud with people drunkenly yelling, but 30 minutes later it was perfectly quiet again. This happened every night including week nights. The corner building on the left is where I'd get my cheese danishes in the mornings.

I loved these ferns, you could find them growing out of old buildings all over the city.


What a cutie!

We decided to go to the Wilke's House for lunch. They're only open from 11-2pm and you stand on line and as people finish eating you get let in to take their place at the tables. We met this baby on line, she had a slack jaw and it's tongue would just hang there, like a dead fish. She was actually very cute for a dead fish tongued baby.
Once inside you sit with strangers, 10 people total to a table. They had probably 20+ plates of food that you passed around family style. OMFG, this was some of the best tasting food EVER! We were on line for over an hour and everyone coming out would say it's worth the wait and we were all like "Well it better be, it's hot in this motha f*cka!" but seriously, it was. And when we left we told the people still on line the same thing. This was my plate minus about four other scoops of food that I just couldn't fit. If you go to Savannah you MUST go to the Wilke's House.
Then we went sight seeing around the parks.



Hahaha, gross! Seriously, I'd change my name. Unless I was a janitor at a peep show.

If you don't know Savannah is in the south, and in the south it gets HOT! Luckily there are some smart people down there and they have these types of play fountains in many of the parks for the kids. And the kid at heart. Notice the kid in the background. Now that's the life.


The worlds most powerful man in a wet tee shirt you'll ever meet.

I love my waterproof camera.



The ladies staying dry.

But not for long!




Later we went to find some grub.

Mustard and Ketchup strike again.

More sight seeing, this time down on River Street. We must have hit every single candy shop in the city for their free praline samples.



Old wallpaper Amy wanted a picture of. Here you go Amy.

Restroom graffiti.


Aaron, what was it that post-it on your door used to say? "I am a powerful man!" Obviously it's true.

My Dali filter on the iPhone.

It was Aaron's birthday and Amy gave him his present, a personalized pillowcase of Ketchup and Mustard riding Night Wing. Super cool!

Damn, these four people are cool.




I had an amazing time with Jane, Amy and Aaron and I hope we get to do it all again soon. :)

No comments: